- You can add your Xbox Live account to your Discord’s connection list.
- Once linked, Discord will show your friends what game you’re currently playing on your Xbox.
- Linking your accounts makes it easy for your Discord friends to join your Xbox game.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Discord, a popular messaging platform, is easy to link with your Xbox Live account. You can do this on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S through the
app for Mac and PC, or the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can do with Discord on Xbox and how to link your accounts.
How to use Discord on Xbox
The major feature of Discord on Xbox is that when you begin playing a game on your Xbox, it’ll be shown on your Discord profile. This means that anyone you share a server with will be able to see what you’re playing, which is great if you have friends who might want to join in.
But other than being able to see who else is online, the capabilities of Discord on Xbox are limited. If you use Discord on your PC when gaming, for example, you can talk with friends over voice chat and messaging, but those features aren’t yet available on Xbox.
Here’s how to use Discord on Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
Opening Profile & system tab on Xbox
1. Turn on your Xbox and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
2. Press the Xbox button on your controller, then navigate to the Profile & system tab, located on the far-right side of the menu.
3. Navigate to the Settings option cursor and press the A button.
4. On the next screen, scroll to the Account tab. Once you’ve done so, select Linked social accounts and press A.
5. Navigate to the Discord panel, highlight Link, and press A.
6. In the next screen, enter the login details of the Discord account you want to connect to. Then, navigate to the Login button and press A.
7. Next, you will get a message telling you that Xbox Live wants to connect to your Discord account. Select Authorize and hit the A button.
Logging into Discord
The next few steps should be completed on Discord.
1. Open the Discord app on your phone or computer.
2. In Discord, tap or click Settings. On a computer, this should be a gear icon that appears toward the bottom of the screen, next to your username.
On mobile, you’ll have to tap your profile picture, which will be on the bottom-right of your screen.
3. Tap or click Connections.
Adding Xbox to Connection list
Now it’s time to add Xbox Live to the list of connections on Discord.
1. In Connections, you’ll be able to see all the services you can connect to if you’re on a computer. But if you’re on mobile, tap Add in the upper-right corner of the screen to see them.
2. Tap or click Xbox or the Xbox logo.
3. Your phone or computer will be taken to a screen that allows you to enter a code — you may also need to log into your Xbox account here. Enter the six-digit code displayed on your TV screen.
4. Once you’ve successfully entered the code, your Xbox Live account should be linked to your Discord account, and your friends on Discord will be able to see what you’re playing on your Xbox One.