- The specially designed room in Punta Helbronner cable car station is perched on the slopes of the Mont Blanc mountain range at an altitude of 3500 meters.
- Hosted by Alpine Skiing World champion, Olympic medalist and first woman in Italy to have won the Overall World Cup Federica Brignone, this is the ultimate sleepover for anyone who has been yearning to get back on the slopes.
- The stay will include the exclusive opportunity to ski down the slopes of Mont Blanc before the season officially begins.
Airbnb has partnered with Europe’s highest cable car station to create the ultimate sleepover for ski lovers: an elevated stay hosted by Olympic ski medalist Federica Brignone with jaw dropping views of the roof of Europe: the Mont Blanc mountain range. But the real ‘piste’ de résistance? Guests who book will be the first to ski down its legendary Alpine slopes this ski season.
According to Airbnb data, at 3500 meters, the Mont Blanc stay is officially the highest European listing – 400 meters higher than any other Airbnb on the continent*. The futuristic Punta Helbronner cable car station has been transformed for the sleepover, giving unprecedented access to guests who will sleep in the ‘Mont Blanc room’: a spectacular space with a floor-to-ceiling window, offering dizzying views of the snow-capped Alps.
The specially designed room in Punta Helbronner cable car station is perched on the slopes of the Mont Blanc mountain range at an altitude of 3500 meters. Hosted by Alpine Skiing World champion, Olympic medalist and first woman in Italy to have won the Overall World Cup Federica Brignone, this is the ultimate sleepover for anyone who has been yearning to get back on the slopes. The stay will include:
- A ride on Mont Blanc Courmayeur cable car one hour before the official opening of the ski season.
- The exclusive opportunity to ski down the slopes of Mont Blanc before the season officially begins.
- A special dinner at “Tavolo dell’infinito” at Punta Helbronner cable car station.
- An overnight stay in a specially designed room at Punta Helbronner cable car station with panoramic views of Mont Blanc – the suite has been specially furnished with classic design elements such as the Akari floor lamp by Vitra, a pair of easy-chairs by Alvar Aalto and a kilim rug by Amini.
“As a sports professional, I’ve often had the chance to ski on the Courmayeur slopes all to myself with the spectacular panorama of Mont Blanc right behind me. It’s an incredible experience that excites me every time, and I’m delighted that two travelers can now experience these same mountains in such a unique and exclusive way thanks to Airbnb.” –
Federica Brignone, Alpine Skiing World Champion, Olympic medalist and the first woman in Italy to win the Overall World Cup.
Punta Helbronner is a mountain in the Mont Blanc massif on the watershed between France and Italy. Climbing into thin air inside a 360-degree rotating aerial tramway, guests will be delivered to the futuristic Punta Helbronner ski station by one of the world’s most extreme chair lifts. At 3500 meters, the station affords spectacular views of the roof of Europe from its circular terrace: a jaw dropping panorama that takes in Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa, the Matterhorn, the Gran Paradiso and the Grand Combin.
How it works
Booking opens at 10 a.m. CET on Tuesday, November 23rd for one stay on November 27, 2021 at airbnb.com/montblanc. By booking this stay you will adopt an alpine cherry tree and contribute to the “Save the Glacier” project. Those looking to book should note that this stay’s rules are in strict adherence with local COVID-19 guidelines. Potential guests must have a verified Airbnb profile, positive reviews and should read the house rules carefully.
With the holiday season right around the corner, check friends and family off the list with an Airbnb gift card to inspire their next trip or why not try the new ski-in/ski-out search filter, making it easier to find and book great ski accommodation.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and one-of-a-kind activities that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.